The topic of Energy comes up more and more frequently and in more and more situations these days. Within the last ten years, people are wanting more and more control over their own energy supply. They want to be more efficient, dependable, greener and cheaper. It is important to know that you have choices when it comes to your energy source. We think propane is a very good option as compared with electricity. Here’s why.
5 Reasons to Choose Propane over Electricity
- Propane is one of the most efficient and versatile sources of energy available. It can power just about any home appliance including furnaces, water heaters, back up generators, cooktops, fire places, and swimming pools, just to name a few.
- Propane cooking ranges allow for more definitive temperature control, which is why the majority of professional chefs prefer cooking with gas. Also, since Propane has twice as high of a BTU rating, it provides higher heat, making it even better than natural gas for cooking.
- In the event of a power outage, a propane backup generator won’t leave you in the dark. And even better, it will keep all your propane powered appliances working through the power outage.
- Propane is clean burning and non-toxic or damaging to the environment, which makes it a “green fuel”. It emits less than half the green house gasses of electricity. Want to reduce your carbon footprint? Choose propane!
- A propane storage tank on your property allows you to not only choose your provider. With electricity, you are forced to use whichever utility company supplies the electricity to your neighborhood. An increasingly common phrase these days is “going off the grid”. While going off the grid is not as simple as choosing propane, it is one way people are able to allow themselves more options.
Choose Propane. It’s the clean, green, most efficient and dependable source of energy for your Puget Sound area home. Contact us today for a free consultation.