Are you seeking new ways to “go green” in the Evergreen State? Looking for an environmentally friendly way to keep your home warm and comfortable during the winter months? If you are, you should think about using Bioheat.
Bioheat is a cleaner-burning fuel that gives your Auburn home the same warm and cozy heat you get from regular fuel oil. Using Bioheat helps you lower your carbon emissions, while still keeping your house and family comfortable in the winter time.
Here are some interesting facts about Bioheat:
- Bioheat is a blend of biodiesel and standard heating oil. At Genesee Energy, we use biodiesel made from recycled restaurant cooking grease, and blend it with our ultra-low-sulfur heating oil to make Bioheat.
- We deliver Bioheat in 25%, 50%, and 99% biodiesel blends. The lowest blend of Bioheat (25% blend) produces fewer carbon outputs than natural gas. The higher the blend number, the lower your carbon emissions will be.
- Bioheat is safe for home use, non-toxic, and biodegradable.
- All our Bioheat blends will work with your furnace. You don’t need to buy a new furnace or upgrade the one you have. And biodiesel blends well with regular fuel oil, so you don’t need to drain your tank first in order to use it.
- An added benefit, is that biodiesel helps to clean your furnace filters, and can actually reduce maintenance problems and extend the life of your furnace.
- At the moment, Bioheat costs a few more cents per gallon than standard heating oil. But the price is expected to drop in the next 10 years, as more people start using biofuel for home heating. Since Bioheat is made in Washington state, it is less affected by overseas price fluctuations that heating oil made with imported petroleum.
- Using Bioheat not only helps to reduce air pollution, but becuase it is made locally, it also helps to lessen US dependence on global oil markets. For more information on the benefits vs price of Bioheat, visit this page.